We specialise in functional behaviour assessment and positive behaviour support. Functional behaviour assessment is guided by these principles:
Functional behaviour assessment is guided by these principles:
- No behaviour is inherently challenging. There’s always a reason for it.
- The probability of a behaviour occurring tomorrow is determined by the reinforcement it receives today (whether the behaviour worked).
- Behaviour change is about teaching a set of new behaviours, not so much about stopping the old behaviours.
- Teaching new behaviours requires precision in how we define the new behaviour
- Behaviour change doesn’t occur without drive (motivation). We create drive by obtaining control over things within the individual’s environment that they find reinforcing.
- Everything we do is designed to affect the child/patient in a positive way. We don’t control the child/patient; we control their environment and use that control to influence behaviour change.